Interesting... the various definitions out there:
Nesting:
Nesting:
- To build or occupy a nest.
- To create and settle into a warm and secure refuge.
- To hunt for birds' nests, especially in order to collect the eggs.
- To fit together in a stack.
- Nesting dolls: A matryoshka doll, also known as Russian nesting/nested doll, refers to a set of wooden dolls of decreasing size placed one inside the other.
- Nesting is a ritual performed by pregnant women in ridding the house, the "nest", from anything potentially harmful to the soon to be born child. This can also be seen as a phase before menstruation where the woman enjoys cuddling and snuggling more than usual.
- The act of covering a toilet seat in toilet paper to avoid contamination from urine and tiny shit particles on the seat.
- In the culture and lifestyle of apartment life, nesting is the act of settling yourself into a cozy convenient corner of your bedroom and surrounding yourself with all the comforts of your many vices. i.e. a bed pushed against a wall with a window for smoking, internet access, toilet paper, beer fridge, TV/DVD, game console, beer fridge, hash pipe, etc.
NOOOOO - I am NOT pregnant!!!! In my case it's... cooking. I can't get enough of it. I am baking, cooking, experimenting, so much fun!!!!
| Russian Nesting Dolls |
I can't wait to start Christmas baking!
ReplyDelete