Friday, 2 November 2012

Best day ever (BDE)! Part 2

Now in my previous post I said I crossed off 1.5 things off my bucket list! The .5 is only a half because it is a work in progress...

Background info first:

I have been blessed to have travelled to various countries around the world . Myself, like others, like to buy some sort of souvenir to bring back to remind them of their experience in the specific country. Loads of people enjoy collecting magnets, postcards, tea towels, etc. as a memento. I have been collecting fabric!!! My first solo trip was at the age of 18, I went to New Zealand. Since then, I have been buying a local fabric that was made, is typical, and/or represents the specific country! I have been collecting with the idea of one day sewing a quilt!

Today, my Aunt Maxine has blessed me with her expertise and her sewing/quilt making kingdom in her home. She has the most insane equipment!! I honestly would have had fabrics piling up in storage if it wasn't for her!

We have started the 'never-ending quilt of Farida's travels' as I intend to visit many more countries around the world; buying more fabric, continuously adding to quilt.... How ?!? I have no idea... But boy is it looking good right now!!! Day 1 progress has gotten me so excited!!!!

I am going to sleep with the largest smile on my face! Ear to ear!!!!

Best day ever (BDE)!

2 comments:

  1. That is so great you have that type of relationship with your aunt - your quilt mentor! On your quilt will there be something signifying what country the fabric pieces are from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. really looking forward to see the final, or project in progress. Mum

    ReplyDelete