Trick or treating was brutal because it is always on October 31; right smack on a cold fall night. This Saturday we went to my mother's farm for a "Spanish night" - Paella, card games, and some dance game on my sister's wii; I guess the only thing Spanish about the night was the Paella, because there was no tango nor meringue dancing going on. None the less, we had a blast - my cousins, sister, and I. One of the little tikes said that I must be a tween, like her, she's 9. Her definition of a tween is someone who is almost a teen or a recent former teen. She's 9, therefore almost, I'm "twenty" in her eyes, so just left the teens. Twenty? I'll take it :)
The evening started by going "Trick or Kaling" as Kamelia called it. We got our lanterns and headed to the fields in the pitch black to go pick me some kale. I posted a previous post on my love for the veg. My mom has a field of it that is not going be around for much longer - so I wanted to pick some which I have subsequently blanched and froze for my winter meals. On a dark, cold, stormy night, take your posse and lanterns, and go trick or kaling sometime. We didn't last long... it was freeeeezing.
The evening started by going "Trick or Kaling" as Kamelia called it. We got our lanterns and headed to the fields in the pitch black to go pick me some kale. I posted a previous post on my love for the veg. My mom has a field of it that is not going be around for much longer - so I wanted to pick some which I have subsequently blanched and froze for my winter meals. On a dark, cold, stormy night, take your posse and lanterns, and go trick or kaling sometime. We didn't last long... it was freeeeezing.

No comments:
Post a Comment