I did it a bit different this year- I broke a few birthday rules. And guess what?!?!? It felt good!!!!
Rule #1- don't mix family and friends at parties (I don't know who's rules these are- but I lived by them for the last few years).
Rule #1: broken. Result: fabulous! I love to brag about family and friends being super awesome - trust me- they deserve the praise. I had some wonderful friends turn up: SM, AM, G?, CM, PD, AD, JD, AH, NH, ZH, and AH.
Throw them in and mix them around with family: FG, MG, KM, NJ, NJ, CVJ, and last but definitely not least DR...
And you get a fabulous bunch of people / badminton players !!!
So if you don't know already - there is this fabulous new facility in Vancouver / Richmond called Badminton Vancouver. We played 2 hours of badminton - all rotating through games of doubles. Good sports!!!! After the games we went upstairs to the Mezz cafe and had dinner! Delicious food!!!! The biggest hit on the menu is the Caesar salad - so if you head down there - be sure to try it!!!!
Okay - Rule #2: party with people in the same age range. Rule- BROKEN!!!!
Result: awesome! There was roughly a 50 year age gap between party attendees.
One of the many highlights of the party was watching JD the 16 month old surrounded by older women (older meaning three 7-9 year olds) and loving every minute of it. He was in his 16 month old prime and soaking up all the attention his little ladies were happy to give him!!!! So cute!!!!
I had an amazing time surrounded by amazing people.
Btw- badminton is a great workout! Add it to your winter list of activities! And if you need a partner- I'm always down!

No comments:
Post a Comment