Monday, 22 October 2012

Insecurities

Before a big fight, I have no doubt a boxer really psyches himself up. With years, months, weeks, days leading up to it - all sorts of thoughts are getting bounced around, up to the minutes before the final mind frame-  when he steps into the ring.

I have faced a similar battle and gone through similar mind frames on going up against my biggest insecurity face to face. After YEARS of daily mini self-struggles with it - we finally met at the finals this morning... I got braces.

Since I was young - the number one of a few (there's a number of little things here and there) things that I am insecure about are my teeth. They have been having a little too much fun together - getting all crowded and up in each other's business.

Anyway, I did it. I got braces. I am told it will only take one year - so by my big birthday celebration next year - I hope to have the smile I have always dreamed about, could never imagine, am so excited for. I have AH to thank for the final push- jazakallah khair.

That's just it... regarding your insecurities - for the most part - we didn't ask for them!! So don't feel sorry for yourself. Or try not to (easier said than done for sure). The reality is.... we all have them!!!!! Now if there's a way to work on it - try your best, if not, learn to love and accept yourself with what you have been given.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Farida! I'm happy for you, and I'm sure you feel great about doing this. Yes, everybody has insecurities, we are, after all, only human (except for the aliens posing! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! I'm so proud of you for doing this! Takes lots of guts, but in the end your reward will be great.

    ReplyDelete