Monday, 8 October 2012

Pumpkin Pie... from a real pumpkin

I decided to be adventurous this past Thanksgiving weekend. A couple of years ago I got the same innate feeling like I needed to make a pie from a real pumpkin... and that's what I did. It turned out AMAZING! How do I know?! I took it to the test... my best friend's husband is a pumpkin pie feign. His taste buds have come across a lot of pumpkin pies in his day... he's obsessed. So I took him a slice and he said it was the best pumpkin pie he had ever tasted. Yay :)

I did the same this year! It's so easy!!!

The secret is - its all about the spices.

Hmmm- do I give out my secret recipe?! I guess I will at some point! I just have to find the 3 recipes I used to form the perfect pie!

I made the pastry too- but it wasn't the best. I now know that the trick is the less kneading the better! Noted!!

Thanks MG and KM for your help that day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment