Thursday, 25 October 2012

Those type of friends...

Well, there's loads of them. Those types. Which types? Any types.

The one I am referring to here are the ones like DS.

I don't know what it is about him and I. We can look at each other and just burst out laughing. There is a special connection there - based on similar sense's of humour and horoscopes or what. We take our break seriously. It is the highlight of our day before the Gastown Steam Clock strikes 12! Yes, some would say we take an extra 5 mins (+1 or 2)  - but you don't understand. It is a ritual. We moan and groan speaking about how "FR" we are until the clock strikes 9:29. Then the smile grows instantaneously!!! We run to our local caffeine joint with AH and sometimes EE or DH and grab us our cup o' java. The clouds part as the sun shine downs on our smiling faces. Good conversations, good coffee, good banana breads, good times. Until of course... it's time to go back.

The best breaks are when we can get little abdomen workouts in too. We had one today, a good ol' fashion belly laugh - does a body good from time to time.

This one's for you. 

1 comment:

  1. Please pass along my message to DS that I cannot listen to the Rihanna's song, "Umbrella" without fondly thinking of him. Umbrella-ella-ella! I'm sure you remember what I'm speaking of.

    ReplyDelete