Friday, 26 October 2012

Moroccan Tagine

Is a delicious cuisine.

I love love love Moroccan food. I love more than just the food: the architecture, the art, the people, the culture.

I visited Morocco in 2011- unfortunately I didn't have the best experience... My 10 day trip got cut to a 4 day one - but that did not hinder my love for what this country is appreciated for. I still very much have the urge to go back and re-appreciate what I know and love about it! It will just be under different circumstances next time.

While I was in Dublin - my cousin and I watched the British TV food star Jamie Oliver's episode on Marrakesh. Ohhhh my- you all need to watch this one - it is sooo neat what he cooks, how he preps it, how he cooks it, etc. Here is the video...but unfortunately it is dubbed in Spanish (it was either that or German)...but you get the gist of it.

I have a few recipe books - operation Moroccan food is the plan for the next few weeks dans la cuisine de Farida!

ET booked us reservations in a Moroccan resto in Montreal. It was fabulous- a set menu with a few courses.

You should read up on Moroccan tea culture, also referred to as Moroccan vodka. The men there treat it like an art; the hard work that goes into perfecting it!

The other two other Moroccan activities that were scheduled in Montreal; only one of which was completed, visiting a hookah lounge where we smoked some double apple flavored shisha. So much fun :)

The last activity, which we will have to save for another time, was spa day at the Hammam. Zinabelle decided not to answer her phone all day and only returned the message the next day.

For more info on Hammams- visit my previous blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment