Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Mild self torture

Why do we do it?

We do it in various ways actually- but I'm talking about Cardio Kick Boxing Boot Camp Classes. Yes- the worst of the worst.

When it comes to physical activity - I need someone else to whip me into shape. And I'm not only talking about the trainer. I need the class. I need the other people around me- I need the social aspect of everyone else enduring the torture too or the embarrassment I would get if I were to give up halfway through the class. ET's friend F? and I had a great chat about this - the same goes for him in his Taekwondo class.

This class I attend on Tuesday night does me in every time. The instructor is addicted to squats. My thighs are soooo sore for the next few days.

The sick thing is- I'm addicted to it. I feel like I accomplished something, won the fight, persevered!

An extra stretch and a hot shower (bath times are over now that I'm no longer on cloud 9/floor17/room15) are just what I need as icing on the cake.

Ps: I can't feel the pain in my mouth anymore! Just my thighs- haha

2 comments:

  1. The "P" post - when I see that letter showcased like that, something else comes to mind- you know that lovely monthly visit; that's the P that takes me through the ringer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kind of torture! I know exactly what you mean. I'd much rather have a challenging sweaty class than an easy one; it makes you feel like you've accomplished something! Its a great addiction! I much prefer group classes too; and feel the same way about leaving halfway through - I never do! I heard the other day that people who do group classes stick with it way longer than people who go and do their own thing. And, it's way more fun!!

    ReplyDelete