This shout out goes to you RR.
I was in shock when I saw this - and you immediately came to mind.
A little history on RR - ever since I have known her - she has been knitting. Myself and many mutual friends playfully make fun of her because stereotypically this hobby is for older ladies. Obviously I am aware many young people partake these days- its actually quite therapeutic! And you get a lovely reward at the end of your hard work!!!! It instills patience and concentration too- I am actually a big supporter of the activity - no matter how often I try to give RR grief... It's all in good fun.
So ET and I were exploring neighborhoods and my jaw almost dropped at the sight of this- a pipe warmer. Haha okay- that's what I thought it was but then I was informed saying it's knit street art! Jaw dropped- again. I am a huge fan of meaningful street art and this just blew my mind. I had to know more about it and share these findings with RR - this ones for you.
The artists are known as "Knitta Please" or simply "Knittas" LOL!!!
The art is called: yarn bombing, yarnstorming, guerrilla knitting, urban knitting, graffiti knitting. LOL!!!!!!
http://montrealguerillaknitting.wordpress.com/tag/street-art/
http://www.radicalmontreal.com/2012/03/sustainable-street-art.html?m=1
RR has been trying to teach me to knit for years! I am newly inspired!!!! Myself n my fellow knitta; we be gettin' our needles togetha n hittin' the streets of Vancity- watch yourself- yarn bomb comin' to a hood near you, yo'. Peace.
*for those who don't speak French - the title Ville-laine is a genius play on words. "Villain" means "criminal" and "ville" means "city" and "laine" means "yarn." ......... Genius.... Brilliant....
I was in shock when I saw this - and you immediately came to mind.
A little history on RR - ever since I have known her - she has been knitting. Myself and many mutual friends playfully make fun of her because stereotypically this hobby is for older ladies. Obviously I am aware many young people partake these days- its actually quite therapeutic! And you get a lovely reward at the end of your hard work!!!! It instills patience and concentration too- I am actually a big supporter of the activity - no matter how often I try to give RR grief... It's all in good fun.
So ET and I were exploring neighborhoods and my jaw almost dropped at the sight of this- a pipe warmer. Haha okay- that's what I thought it was but then I was informed saying it's knit street art! Jaw dropped- again. I am a huge fan of meaningful street art and this just blew my mind. I had to know more about it and share these findings with RR - this ones for you.
The artists are known as "Knitta Please" or simply "Knittas" LOL!!!
The art is called: yarn bombing, yarnstorming, guerrilla knitting, urban knitting, graffiti knitting. LOL!!!!!!
http://montrealguerillaknitting.wordpress.com/tag/street-art/
http://www.radicalmontreal.com/2012/03/sustainable-street-art.html?m=1
RR has been trying to teach me to knit for years! I am newly inspired!!!! Myself n my fellow knitta; we be gettin' our needles togetha n hittin' the streets of Vancity- watch yourself- yarn bomb comin' to a hood near you, yo'. Peace.
*for those who don't speak French - the title Ville-laine is a genius play on words. "Villain" means "criminal" and "ville" means "city" and "laine" means "yarn." ......... Genius.... Brilliant....


Thanks for the post dedicated to moi! and I looovee my knitting!
ReplyDeleteYou're the best Farida xxxxx
They market it as a pipe warmer, but you know what it's really for!! This would work well in one of my stories, lol
ReplyDeleteP.S. - That is such a cute picture of you!
ReplyDelete